Ahh... the long runs. They can be very difficult to do when you are running solo, but here are some ways to help build your love for running by yourself.
1. Get out the door. This is always the tough part. When I am going for a solo run I only focus on the first mile. Once you get started then the stress goes down and you start enjoying the run.
2. Be Grateful. When you are running be thankful you can do this. Focus on the small things you see when running. It may sound silly, but I look at the clouds, trees, birds, etc and remind myself I am so lucky to be around this while running.
3. Positive Playlist. Create the ultimate feel good playlist. Since you are running solo you can select whatever you want for your jams!
4. Brain Strength. When you allow your mind go down a negative path, it can make your run feel awful very quickly! Reset your thoughts into confident ones to help boost your emotions.
5. Mile Motivation. Don’t think about how many miles you have left to run. Live in the moment. If you keep focusing on how many you have left it will be overwhelming.
6. Explore. This is a great time to find a new place to run! When you run by yourself in a new location you are more likely to take in the scenery.