Long runs before you begin tapering can be intense! Here are some running tips on how to prepare yourself.
1. Race Day Outfit You do not want to wear something new on the day of the race! This can cause lots of problems. Even though we don't know what the weather will be on race day, you should wear the outfit(s) you plan to wear on your training runs now.
2. Bring Gear If you plan to bring a water bottle, fuel belt, etc to the race make sure you are using them on your training runs. Especially on your long run. This should basically be a dress rehearsal.
3. Nutrition Practice your nutrition, water, sports drink, etc on your long run. You need to know how often your body will need this and have products that you know work for you. You should look at the race's website to see what they will be handing out and what miles this will happen.
4. Meal Preparation Along with knowing what you are going to wear you need to know what you will be eating the day before and on race day.
5. Train Smart This is not the time to burn yourself out on the long run. Don't overdo it! Do your long run at a comfortable pace. You have put in the all this training, don't waste it.
Good job on all the training you have put in to this point.